ROTC Awards Ceremony
Islander Battalion Army ROTC
Each spring and fall semester the Islander Battalion holds an awards ceremony recognizing cadets' success. Various awards are presented to cadets who reach achievement milestones in areas including academics, physical ability, and leadership.
In addition, the following individual awards are presented:
- Battalion Commander’s Cadet of the Semester Award to a cadet who is identified as the top cadet based on their individual contributions to the ROTC.
- National Sojourner’s Award to a cadet in the top 25 percent of academic class who has encouraged and demonstrated the ideals of Americanism and potential for leadership.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Award to a cadet who has good academic and military standing, and has demonstrated a concentrated effort in military and academic subjects or capability and diligence in a related activity.
- Battalion Commander's Academic Award to the cadet who achieved the highest increase in GPA from the previous semester to the current one.
- Daughters of the American Revolution Award to a cadet in the top 25 percent of his or her class in both ROTC and academics, who has demonstrated qualities of loyalty, patriotism, dependability, and good character.
- Sons of the American Revolution Award to a cadet in good standing academically and militarily who has demonstrated achievement, concentration, capability and diligence efforts in military and academic subjects.
- Military Order of the Purple Heart Award to a cadet in the top 25 percent of the ROTC who has demonstrated outstanding leadership abilities.